Pages

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Rain

I absolutely LOVE the rain. I think that it makes everything beautiful and new again. There's just something about rain that makes me...joyful. Not happy...because I still feel shitty about tonight. But joyful. I just have a good feeling inside of me. It hasn't even rained yet, but it smells like it! And it is super windy. I am just waiting, though who knows if it will come.

On another note, I have my custom cloth diapers being made, and I am so excited! We are getting a huskers one (thought maybe I should hide it in spite of my hubby) and a Gir from Invader Zim one! She said they should be ready by Monday, which is really fast! We also paid my SIL for the medium gDiapers that she ordered for us.

I also bought coconut oil from the store and am starting to use it! I guess it works great as a skin moisturizer and also for the prevention and for soothing sunburns. Pretty neat! It smells like cooking, though, so maybe I should add some lavender essential oil to it to get a good smell? Not sure if that works or not. I guess I will have to ask around for that one. I am also using it on my little one. Johnson & Johnson is making him break out in a rash, so I need to switch products.

Owen was very upset today. Well, not really upset, but tired, which lead to him being upset. Poor little man. He went to the open house of a place called The Little Gym where you bring your kids to participate in fun activities. They have classes for children as young as 4 months! That is the class that Owen will be going to. I guess they do tummy time and other things to help strengthen their arms and legs. His legs are strong, though. It is his arms that need work. He has been bearing weight on his legs for well over a month now. He loves to stand! By going to the Open House, we got a free class to see if we like it or not. I am sure that I will like it, but we live 45 mins away and I am sure that it will cost too much money for a military paycheck. Oh well. He just needs that socialization. The only person that makes him happy is me. Not even his daddy makes him happy like I do!

I bought a sign language book (on my kindle) for babies! I am wanting to teach him ASL so that he can communicate better with us. I know that he is only 3 1/2 months, but I think it is better to start him out young. I realize it will take him a little bit to use it with me. He just gets frustrated so easily. We are hoping he is a smart baby. He has been so alert ever since birth. His newborn pictures involved us sticking a binky in his mouth to get him satisfied, then pulling it out very quickly and snapping some pictures. That was at one week. I was wondering where that "milk drunkenness" was!

Tomorrow I am hoping that my husband will apologize for being a dick. I am sleeping on the couch tonight with Owen. If not, then I am going to be immature and just be a bitch to him because I feel like it. Stupid? Yes. Solves anything? No. I just really don't care. He went to bed without saying goodnight and that really gets to me. So, couch it is! I was just hoping to hear some bad weather, which is why I didn't go to bed right away. Can't hear much in our room with the humidifier on.

No comments:

Post a Comment